Fraudulent Checks

The Solicitor’s Office now has a Worthless Check Unit. Please contact them at 843-779-8477  for information regarding their program.

Fraudulent Check Information

If you have to pay court costs for a fraudulent check warrant:

  • You must have a receipt from the business showing that you have paid the returned check.
  • We cannot accept any court costs until we have the receipt for payment of the check.
  • A receipt for or copy of a money order made out to the merchant will not be accepted as proof of payment.