How long do I have to request a motion to reopen for my case?

In all Rule to Vacate (Eviction/Ejectment) cases, parties are given five (5) calendar days to request a motion to reopen their case. In all other civil, traffic, and criminal cases, parties are given ten (10) calendar days to request a motion to reopen their case. §22-3-1000 provides: “No motion for a new trial may be heard unless made within ten days from the rendering of the judgment.

How long do I have to file an appeal?

Any person convicted of any offense by a magistrate may appeal the sentence to the Court of Common Pleas for that county. (§18-03-0010) The appellant must serve notice of appeal upon the magistrate within ten days after sentencing and state the grounds for his appeal (§18-03-0030). If a defendant makes a motion for a new trial within ten (10) days as provided in §22-03-1000, and the motion is denied the time for appeal is extended to thirty days.

Did you receive my payment?

If you require a receipt for your payment, please provide a SASE with your payment.

I lost my DL53 Compliance Form.  How can I obtain another copy?

The Court will provide the first DL53 Compliance Form at no cost. 


I lost my ticket; when is my court date? What court am I supposed to appear in?

Please visit https://publicindex.sccourts.org/beaufort/publicindex/ for further information about upcoming court dates and tickets. 

How can I pay my ticket?

Tickets written for the magistrate court may be paid in person, via mail, or through our online payment system. Please send mail-in payments in the form of a cashier's check or money order to the address listed on your ticket. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. For online payments, please visit https://publicindex.sccourts.org/beaufort/onlinepayments/.