Encroachment Permit

Beaufort County requires any person, business, or entity to complete an Encroachment Permit Application whenever a planned project will be within the Right-Of-Way of a County-owned or maintained roadway.

The applicant should verify that the road is a County maintained road, either through our WebGIS service here or by calling Public Works at (843)-255-2800.

The application may be completed online or submitted in person at the Beaufort County Public Works office at 120 Shanklin Road.

There are no fees involved with the submittal of an Encroachment Permit Application for Beaufort County.

*Updated information on driveway apron/culvert installation.

Apply for an Encroachment Permit